Last modified: June 9, 2022
TrikaUSA Inc. (“Trika” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Privacy Notice (our “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites www.trika.com and www.trikausa.com (each, a “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Trika or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries);
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us; and
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries and social media sites), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Websites. By accessing or using these Websites, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of these Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 18, please contact us at 715-718-2801.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Throughout this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. However, Personal Data does not include any deidentified or aggregated information.
We collect Personal Data from various sources, including:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites;
- information that we create about you as you use our Websites; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and social media companies.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the following types of Personal Data directly from you when you access or use our Websites: real name, home/work postal address, home/work email address, home/work telephone number, username and password, title, salary information, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. In addition, we also collect other types of information that you may provide when you fill out a form or through your correspondence with us.
The Personal Data we collect on or through our Websites through:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Websites, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites; and
- your search queries on the Websites.
You also may provide reviews of our products and services to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Websites (collectively, “User Reviews”). Your User Reviews are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Reviews. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Reviews will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your interaction with our Websites, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Websites. This includes: location data, date and time of your visit to our Websites, and other communication data and the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with on the Websites; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, i.e., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences;
- customize our Websites according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Trika, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Information We Create About You
We may also create certain information about you. When we associate this information with other Personal Data about you, we consider this information to be Personal Data. This information includes: unique identifiers, records of personal property, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, profile reflecting your preferences.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect Personal Data from third parties. When we associate this information with other Personal Data about you, we consider this information to be Personal Data. This information includes: real name, alias, home postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, telephone number, account name, title, employer name, and records of goods and services purchased, obtained, or considered to be purchased or obtained.
We may also collect information from social media companies. This includes information about your social media accounts and any information related to or posted on your accounts on third-party social media services, such as your name and other information in that account as well as anything you post publicly, as authorized by that service. You have the ability to disable the connection between our Platform and your third-party social media services account at any time.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide and personalize our Websites and their content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to support, develop, troubleshoot, and debug our Websites, products, and services;
- to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud (please note that your payment information is processed through Shopify, and we do not receive your financial account information);
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- to personalize your Websites experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Websites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our products and services;
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on the Websites;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any terms of sale entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please click the unsubscribe link in an advertising email you may have received from us or send us an email stating your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, and payment processing services, and shipping and receiving companies, such as FedEx, UPS, USPS. Our payment processors’ privacy policies may be found at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy;
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Trika’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Trika about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Trika, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Trika. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click the unsubscribe link in the body of that email to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Trika as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ (including any social media companies’) collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Do Not Track Signals
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on the Websites.
Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
In order to provide our Websites, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data. Your Personal Data may be processed and stored in the United States and United States federal, state, and local governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States. By using our Websites, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Data outside the country where you reside or are located, including in the United States.
Your Personal Data is transferred by Trika to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated on the Websites’ home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Data, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Websites’ home page. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Websites and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Your continued use of our Websites following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance to such changes.
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data described in this Privacy Notice, have any requests related to your Personal Data pursuant to applicable laws, or otherwise need to contact us, you may contact us at the contact information below or through the “Contact Us” page on our Websites.
1105 Tower Ave.
Superior, WI 54880